Holiday 2020. . .
Thursday evening, Microsoft shocked the world, unveiling their next Xbox gaming console for holiday 2020. Originally code-named Project Scarlett, the new system has been re-branded as the Xbox Series X.
Most of us didn’t expect this reveal to happen until e3 in June, but Microsoft is jumping out first before their new partners at Sony unveil the PlayStation 5.
Outside of the console, the talk of the entire event, was first gameplay footage for the XSX. Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, was shown as the first official game on the X, from developers Ninja Theory (DmC: Devil May Cry and Heavenly Sword).
Take a look at gameplay running on the Xbox Series X, as well as a complete breakdown of what the system can do.
Xbox Series X console unveiled
Xbox Series X first gameplay
Everything You Need to Know about the ‘Xbox Series X’
• Xbox Series X will be the fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility, allowing you to bring your gaming legacy, thousands of games from three generations and more forward with you.
• Supports both vertical and horizontal orientation.
• Four times the processing power of Xbox One X.
• new Xbox Wireless Controller. Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller.
• The new Xbox Wireless Controller will be compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be included with every Xbox Series X.
• 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability
• Powered by their custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from their partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console
• Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and their next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.
• We are minimizing latency by leveraging technology such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and giving developers new functionality like Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) to make Xbox Series X the most responsive console ever
• Xbox Series X is also designed for a future in the cloud, with unique capabilities built into the hardware and software to make it as easy as possible to bring great games to both console and elsewhere.
• Thanks to backward compatibility, you can expect your gaming legacy, thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming, all your Xbox One gaming accessories
• 15 Xbox Game Studios are developing the largest and most creatively diverse lineup of Xbox exclusive games in their history.
• Xbox Series X will deliver a level of fidelity and immersion unlike anything that’s been achieved in previous console generations.
• Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II. A sequel to the award-winning Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice from world-renowned developers Ninja Theory, the game is being built to leverage the full power of Xbox Series X. The footage was captured in-engine and reflects the power of Xbox Series X available to developers to deliver new universes, experiences and games in ways you have never imagined.